Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
What is SHAC?
The committee is made up of school personnel, community members and parents.
Llano ISD is committed to having a safe and healthy environment for students, families and staff. By addressing nutrition, physical activity, health education and substance abuse prevention in a variety of ways and to a variety of audiences, we hope to raise the awareness levels and the skills for all to live a healthier life.
Why do we need a School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)?
1. It is Texas law.
2. Healthy children learn better.
3. Schools play an important role in teaching healthy habits.
4. Healthy homes and healthy schools support healthy children.
What is included in a Coordinated School Health Program (CHSP)?
- Family and community involvement
- Nutrition Services
- Physical Education
- Health Education
- Counseling, psychological and social services
- Health Services
- Healthy School Environment
- Health Promotion for School Staff
Our committee adopted the 18-19 school year meetings time 9:00am at the Llano ISD Administration Building on the following Dates:
September 25, 2018
November 7, 2018
February 6, 2019
May 1, 2019