School History » Llano School History

Llano School History

O'Henry School Building - 1916
The original section of this two-story school house was completed in 1887 to serve the Llano students living south of the river.  Constructed of native sandstone and timber; it was known as the "College Building" because of the stately style.  An addition to the north of the schoolhouse, built of locally-quarried granite, was completed in 1902.  The school name was chosen to honor the noted Texas writer William Sydney Porter (O. Henry).  The O'Henry school building housed all grades until 1925, when a separate high school structure was built.
Little Llano School - 1899-1900 school year
The school was on the bank of the Little Llano Creek five miles north of Lone Grove and operated from 1883-1907.
Prairie Mountain School Bus - 1948
Valley Spring School -1907
Football in front of O'Henry Building - 1914
Baseball Team - 1921